Before doing a factory reset on your Samsung Galaxy S5, make sure to back up all important items, including contacts, media, and other files. So. in this post, we will provide the best methods for Backup Contacts on Samsung Galaxy S5.
Many customers are apprehensive about performing a factory reset because it presents complications when it comes time to back up their data.
There is absolutely nothing to be concerned about in this post.
I outline a step-by-step approach for backing up contacts on your Samsung Galaxy S5. And you can use the same process whenever you need to back up other data on your phone.
Read More: How Do I Backup Files on Samsung Galaxy S5
How to Backup Contacts on a Samsung Galaxy S5
Before you perform a factory reset on your phone, you should make a backup of all of the information and data that is stored on it. Unless you have accidentally lost access to your Samsung or Google accounts, there is no reason to be concerned about the contacts that have been saved in those respective accounts. To back up contacts that have been saved on your S5, you can use one of two methods.
Google or Samsung Contacts Merge
- Click Contacts from the home screen to open them up.
- To get to the settings, click the Settings icon on the top right.
- Merge Contacts is the button that lets you do this.
- Make a choice between a Google account or a Samsung account.
- Touch OK to start putting contacts together.
If you want to use a new and better way to move your files to your Micro SD Card, then read this:
Export Contacts to MicroSD
To back up all of your contacts quickly and effectively, you can use vcffile to use your MicroSD card. This is the standard contact format. After exporting contacts to a.vcf file, you can import them to your PC or other phones.
- From the Galaxy S5 Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap on the Settings icon
- Contacts are in the ‘Application’ area. It’s tapped.
- Select Import/Export.
- Tap Export to SD Card.
- Your contacts will be stored to “storage/extSDcard/Contacts filename.vcf.”
- Tap Ok to confirm the export.
After clicking Ok, a notification stating that the contacts will be exported will display.
You can backup contacts on Samsung Galaxy S5 in one of two ways.