There is no built-in app for iPhones that allows users to hide contacts.
There is also no way to prevent contact names from appearing on the iOS device.
Once the iPhone security has been bypassed, anyone can view the user’s contacts.
With new technological improvements, you may easily hide contacts on your iPhone.
This post will show you how to hide contacts on your iPhone.
How to Hide Contacts on iPhone?
To hide all contacts on your iPhone, simply follow these steps:
- Open Contacts on iPhone.
- Tap the Groups symbol in the top left corner.
- Click on “Hide All Contacts” and then pick Done to save your settings.
This will hide all your contacts on your iPhone from view.
For most of us, phone numbers are crucial. For confidentiality reasons, we must protect it from intruders. How to hide contacts on iPhone?
Hide Contacts on iPhone Using Nicknames
Giving a contact a nickname is a great technique to hide their details on the iPhone. So, if you gave your contacts a moniker on your iPhone, anyone else looking at your phone wouldn’t know who they are.
You can add nicknames to contacts as follows:
- Go to the iPhone contacts app.
- Select the contact you want to conceal from your phone. You can hide it by giving it a respectable nickname.
- On the contacts app main screen, click Edit.
- After clicking, an “Add Field” icon appears at the bottom of the page.
- Tap the “Nickname” icon in the Add Field section. As a result, the new field is added to the iPhone contact.
- Now scroll up the screen and type the appropriate nickname. Once done, click “Done” to save the new moniker.
After that, your iPhone will only see the contact’s moniker. During an incoming call or message, only the nickname appears, making it an excellent way to hide contacts on your iPhone.
Hide Contacts on iPhone Using Spotlight Search
You could also take precautions if you want to conceal contacts on your iPhone. For example, you must always disable the Phone and Contacts members in Spotlight Search on your iPhone. If this functionality is enabled, users can easily locate a contact by typing their name into the Spotlight Search icon.
By blocking the feature, you can prohibit anyone from looking for specific contact or information using Spotlight Search. Using the iPhone’s Spotlight Search icon, you can block Contacts & Phone data from appearing.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone from the home screen.
- Select General. The option Spotlight Search is here. You must click it.
- Search for Contacts on the Spotlight Search main screen. If the slider is on (like a green tablet), you must drag it to turn it off (resembling a white tablet). From now on, the Contact details will not appear on the Spotlight Search icon.
- The Phone icon is located on the main screen of the iPhone. To prevent unauthorized access to your phone, search for the Phone icon and turn it off.
Hide Contacts on iPhone Using Hidden Group
Not working for you? Try another incredibly effective and safe approach to conceal contacts on your iPhone. Try creating a hidden group or contact group on your iPhone that only you can access. This approach involves creating a new contact group on your iPhone, deleting current contacts, and then re-adding them to the new contact group.
Here are simple steps to do so:
- On your computer, go to www.icloud.com and login into your iCloud account.
- After logging into your iCloud account, go to the Contacts section.
- Next, click on the “+” icon in the left bottom corner of the screen. Click on the “New Group” icon.
- Untitled Group 1 appears on your screen.
- Now you may name your hidden contact group. Then enter it and save it. Save the new secret contact group on your iPhone.
After creating a new group, you’ll need to delete the contacts you want to hide from your iPhone. Then, add the removed contacts to the new group. This will conceal contacts on your iPhone as only you can access the group.