How to fix Samsung Galaxy S7 SD Card Issues?
If you have a Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge smartphone and are experiencing issues with your SD card used on your Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone, you should contact Samsung support. Then don’t be concerned.
Customers who have purchased the Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge smartphone have reported receiving a notice that their MicroSD card has been corrupted after restarting their smartphone. However, after restarting your device, this message will no longer display on the screen, and you will be able to access any files that you have stored on your MicroSD Card. The MicroSD card ceases to function entirely in the majority of cases.
For those of you who fall into this category and are experiencing problems with your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge smartphone, you’ve come to the right place; we’ve covered everything you need to know about the errors and issues that can occur with your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge MicroSD card right here.
Some Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge smartphone users have also reported encountering troubles such as “they are unable to access a file on their MicroSD card,” among other things. However, you may need to format your MicroSD card before using it with your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge smartphone from time to time. As a result, your smartphone can read and scan information more quickly.
In the section below this paragraph, we have included all of the difficulties, troubles, and causes for the MicroSD cards that you may be experiencing on your Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge smartphones. As a result, don’t be concerned and follow the instructions outlined below to resolve the problem on your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge smartphone.
How to fix Samsung Galaxy S7 SD Card Issues?
Method 1: – Reboot your device
First and foremost, reboot your smartphone since it has the magical ability to resolve any problem that may be affecting it. Rebooting the smartphone is as simple as holding down the Volume down and power keys simultaneously for 7-10 seconds, after which the phone will turn off, vibrate, then restart. Once the restarting process is complete, check whether the microSD card is again operational.
Method 2: – Is your SSD card is mounted correctly?
The next step is to ensure that the SD card has been correctly placed. To double-check, do the following:
- Choose the app’s icon from your device’s home screen to open them.
- There, look for the phrase “My files” and click on it to access that folder.
- Under local storage, look for the optional device storage, including internal storage and a microSD card.
- If you can see the SD card after tapping on it, it has been successfully mounted.
- However, if you cannot access the SD card, you should remove it and re-insert it correctly.
Method 3: – Format the SSD card on your Galaxy S7
It is also possible to address Samsung S7 SD card issues by simply reformatting the Micro SD card, a quick and straightforward procedure. However, formatting will remove all of the files and data of the card. Therefore it is recommended that you make a backup of everything before proceeding. To format an SD card, follow these steps:
- The application’s icon may be found on your device’s Home screen by tapping on it.
- Then choose the option Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Now, scroll down until you reach ‘Storage,’ and then choose SD card from the list.
- Unmount, and Format are the two alternatives that will be provided to you at this point. Select the Format option from the drop-down menu.
- It will take some time for the formatting procedure to be completed, after which you should check to see whether the microSD card difficulties with your Galaxy S7 mobile have been repaired.
Method 4: – Check if your SSD card is working on other devices?
A firmware issue might cause troubles with the SD card in the Galaxy S7, or a fault could cause them with the SD card itself. Check the SD card in another device to verify whether it is functioning correctly to confirm what it is. As a result, power off the machine and remove the SD card first. Check to confirm whether it works on your laptop or PC by inserting it there first. If the answer is affirmative, then back up all of your data and Format it so that you can verify it again on your Samsung Galaxy S7 cellphone. However, if the SD card performs in the same manner on other devices, it is likely defective, and you will need to swap it.
Method 5: – Update
If you have tried all of the suggested remedies and the problem has not been resolved, you might consider upgrading the device to the most recent firmware version available. Certain SD cards, including the Samsung Card, have more problems than others when compared to others. Consequently, the business has provided a software update to resolve the issue.
As a result, all probable solutions to the micro SD card not functioning problem have been listed below for you. Try each one at a time, and if you are still in the same position after that, take it to a technical expert for repair or replace it.
Method 6: – Factory Reset
This is often the final option for resolving any difficulties before sending the device to a technician for further evaluation. While this technique will delete your device’s internal storage and return it to its factory default settings, it is not recommended for all devices. I suggest that you make a complete backup of all of your information before proceeding.
Here’s how you go about it:
- Go to the Home screen and choose it to access the Apps menu.
- Locate and press Settings, then select Backup and Reset from the drop-down menu.
- Reset the device by selecting Factory data to reset and then Reset device.
- If you have the screen lock function enabled, enter your password or PIN to unlock the device.
- Continue by pressing the button.
- To confirm your action, choose to Delete all from the drop-down menu.
- Now, if the problem persists after the factory reset, we’ll know what to do. Bring your smartphone to the closest Samsung repair facility in your region; the SD card slot on your handset is likely having issues at the moment. If they cannot swap your gadget, you will be required to replace it.