You’ve come to the right place if you want to turn off iMessage on your iPhone.
We’ll walk you through the steps to disable iMessage.
There may be several reasons for disabling this service.
Let us assist you to disable iMessage if you are switching to Android or not using Apple’s data plan.
Because iMessage connects your email address and phone number to your Apple ID and Apple servers. You must stop iMessage on all other Apple devices if you no longer use it. If you own an iPad, Apple laptop, or desktop. Then you must first disable iMessage on these devices. Then, on your iPhone, switch off iMessage totally.
Many of our readers have complained about messages getting lost when trying to deliver them to an iPhone user who has switched platforms. It indicates that the person sending the message believes it has been delivered. But the person receiving it has no notion. While Apple has endeavored to make the transition to iOS10 easier. It is usually good practice to disable iMessage before switching platforms.
Related Post: How to Unfriend Someone on Discord?
Turn off iMessage on iPad and Mac.
If you have another Apple device, such as an iPad or a Mac, in addition to your iPhone, keep in mind that when it comes to disabling iMessage, it is best to start with those devices.
For iPad Users
- Navigate to the Settings menu on your iPad
- Select Messages from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll note that iMessage is right at the top of the following page, which is convenient.
- Simply toggle the slider to the Off position, and iMessage will be turned off on your iPad as well.
After disabling iMessage on all other devices, let us disable it on your iPhone.
For Mac Users
- Open Messages on your Mac.
- To continue, open the menu bar and select Messages.
- Click on the Accounts tab.
- Choose your iMessage account for this device.
- A box will be beside the phone number.
- Uncheck the box to remove your phone number.
Note: You must first add an email address to your iMessage account before you can erase your phone number.
How To Turn Off iMessage On iPhone?
iPhone iMessage disabler is simple.
- Go to your iPhone’s settings
- Select Messages under Settings.
- Find iMessages in the Messages menu.
- There is a slider next to it that allows you to disable it. If it’s on, the slider is green. Simply slide it off and it will turn grey, disabling iMessage on your iPhone.
After disabling iMessage, restart your iPhone to apply the changes. After your smartphone restarts, try sending a text message to see whether it goes through.
A green bubble indicates a standard text message, whereas a blue bubble indicates an iMessage. To test if iMessage is disabled, send a text message to an iMessage user and see if it is received as a standard text.
Turn Off iMessage Using Apple’s Deregister Tool
Apple customers who want to disable iMessage because they lost their phone or moved platforms and forgot to disable it before exchanging their iPhone can do it by utilizing Apple’s deregister tool. It works without an iPhone and you can stop iMessage online. To do this, you must have your phone number active at the time you disable iMessage.
- To deregister, click here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage
- Scroll down to where it says No iPhone?
- Enter your iPhone’s iMessage phone number.
- After entering your phone number, click Send Code to receive the code.
- Enter the six-digit code you receive to confirm that iMessage has been disabled.
- A huge green checkmark on your screen will prove this.
In case your device is stolen and you want to switch to a new platform, these methods can help you disable iMessage. If you’re upgrading your iPhone, you don’t need to disable iMessage because it will be carried over to the next device.
Now that you know how to disable iMessage, make sure you do it on all of your devices. It will ensure that your messages arrive as text messages. When readers have issues receiving texts after disabling iMessage, it’s usually because it’s still functioning on one of their devices. If nothing else works, utilizing Apple’s deregistration tool is the best option.