Your iPhone becoming stuck or refusing to turn off or reset can’t be more frustrating. You’ve come to the correct spot if you’re seeking strategies to cure a frozen iPhone.
Even though most of us are accustomed to constantly checking our phones, when something like this happens, our natural reaction is to get terrified. Your iPhone won’t let you turn it off or reset it.
For the various iPhone versions, let’s look at some easy solutions to these issues. You read that correctly! There are multiple ways to fix this issue on different iPhone models.
For example, a simple reboot won’t work for every version in a frozen iPhone. You may reset your phone via the old-fashioned method, though, if you have an iPhone XR or XS.
To fix your iPhone, you’ll need to use one of the methods listed below. Then, let’s proceed:
Force Restart Your iPhone (X, XS, XS Max, And 11 Series)
If you have an iPhone X – iPhone 11 and your phone is frozen, this method will get it back to life. Restarting your iPhone is as simple as following these steps:
- To bring up the slider, hold down the side button or the volume up button for an extended period of time
- Once you’ve finished, utilize the slider to shut off your device.
- Long-pressing the side button to switch on your iPhone after it has been turned off for at least 30 seconds should work.
It is possible to use this strategy if the apps freeze, but there is no problem using your iPhone otherwise. By following the procedures outlined above, you may easily reset your phone.
Fix The Issue Without Losing Data (iPhone X, XS, XS Max, And iPhone 11 Generations)
It is possible to repair this problem without losing data using various programs. iMyFone Fixppo is one of the applications you may use in the following ways.
You don’t need to reset your phone using an app like this. There will be no data loss, and the problem can be resolved with only a few mouse clicks.
The iPhone X, XS, Max, and 8 are compatible with this approach.
- Open the app on your computer.
- Go back to the main menu and select “Standard Mode.”
- After connecting your iPhone through a cable, press the “Next” button.
- It’ll show you how to take a few more basic steps.
- When you arrive at the “Fix” option, follow the instructions.
- Once you’ve clicked “Fix,” your iPhone will be ready to use.
Update Apps To The Latest Version
This is, without a doubt, the most critical phase. You may encounter these problems if you haven’t updated your iPhone to the current version. Make sure all your applications are up to date if there is a problem with a specific app.
When the app settings are set to “manual,” we sometimes forget to update our iPhone’s apps. It’s up to you whether or not you want to keep the settings on “auto-update” so that all your applications are automatically updated. Listed below are the steps to follow:
- On the home screen, tap the “App Store” option.
- The “Updates” section is located at the bottom of the page. The home screen will display a list of pending app updates.
- To make changes, choose the ones that require it.
- Rebooting your iPhone is now possible after the procedure has been finished.
For iPhone Generations 8, 7, And 6
Some individuals still use older iPhone models, such as the 6, 7, and 8. This strategy applies to the new iPhone SE, which is quite similar to the iPhone 8 design.
Resetting your iPhone if you have one of these models and are experiencing problems is the only solution. This is how you can unfreeze a frozen iPhone:
- The first step is to push the side button on your iPhone for a long time.
- There is a slider that appears. To switch off the phone, use it
- Do not switch on your smartphone until you have waited at least 20-30 seconds.
- Now you may shut down and restart the apps that have frozen.
Also, check the “Updates” area to see if any apps causing issues have been updated to the most recent version. If not, you may choose which applications you want to download and update.
Restore through iTunes
So, you’ve tried them all. After all this time, your iPhone still doesn’t function! You can try reinstalling iTunes if your iPhone won’t switch off or reset.
Even though you may lose some data, this may be your only option if you cannot repair the issue. To restore your iPhone using iTunes, here are the steps:
- To begin, download and set up iTunes on your computer.
- Open the app, and then plug in an Apple USB cord to your iPhone.
- Once you see the word “Apple” on your iPhone screen, press both the side button and the volume up button simultaneously. Connect to iTunes” will be shown on your screen if you choose this option.
- Your iPhone will now be restored using the iTunes app, which will walk you through the process step-by-step.
- Restoring to factory settings will begin on your iPhone.
Is Your iPhone Still Frozen?
You’ve tried everything, but your iPhone still won’t work? If your iPhone’s screen freezes, there are a few alternative methods you may take to fix it. Hopefully, you’ll be able to use one of the ways listed below:
- Your problem can be solved by hitting the “Sleep/Wake” button and the volume button at the same time. Turning off and back on your smartphone is as simple as that. This is true regardless of the iPhone model you are currently using.
- Put your iPhone on the charge to see if it helps. Stay connected for at least 15 minutes to ensure your phone is fully charged. After that, utilize the volume up and volume down keys. After then, push the side button for a long time until “Apple” displays on the screen. This will quickly put an end to the issue.
- Finally, if nothing else has worked, contact Apple support. You need to arrange an appointment to get your iPhone fixed as soon as possible because the problem might be severe. You may rest sure that Apple specialists will be able to identify the problem and support you until it is fixed. There will be no costs if your iPhone is still covered by its warranty. Face-to-face help is also available in the Apple store, so you can seek help from the experts in person if you need it.
The above solutions should work if your iPhone won’t shut down or reset.
Clean the garbage files regularly, as they can add unnecessary weight to your phone. Some apps may need to be updated if your iPhone is frozen.
They should be monitored and updated to the most recent version. Additionally, it’s a good idea always to retain a copy of your essential data on your phone.
It would help if you were prepared for these situations since they are unforeseen and might result in the loss of crucial data. So, how did you resolve the issue with your iPhone?